Normal view MARC view
  • American Association of Theological Schools

American Association of Theological Schools (Corporate Name)

Preferred form: American Association of Theological Schools
Used for/see from:
  • AATS

The Conference of Theological Seminaries in the United States and Canada was founded in 1918. From 1923-35 it was called the Conference of Theological Seminaries and Colleges in the United States and Canada. In 1936 its name changed to American Association of Theological Schools. In 1965 it absorbed the American Association of Schools of Religious Education. In June 1974 it became the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada. Works by this body published before the change of name in 1974 are found under American Association of Theological Schools. Works published after that change are found under Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada. Works by the American Association of Schools of Religious Education published before the merger in 1965 are found under American Association of Schools of Religious Education. SUBJECT ENTRY: Works about these bodies are entered under the name or names in existence during the latest period for which subject coverage is given. In the case where the required name is represented in this catalog only under a later form of the name, entry is made under the later form.

The following headings for earlier names are valid AACR2 headings: Conference of Theological Seminaries in the United States and Canada; Conference of Theological Seminaries and Colleges in the United States and Canada

This online catalog is a consortial partnership of the following organizations:
Lancaster Theological Seminary • 555 West James St., Lancaster, PA 17603 • 717-290-8707
E&R Historical Society • 2nd floor, Schaff Library Building, 555 West James St., Lancaster, PA 17603 • 717-290-8734

Powered by Koha